6th October 2019
Custom Alerts: How Can You Make Zero-Downtime a Reality with Edison Analytics
Now that you’ve checked out ‘Customized Dashboard View’ – Edison’s most loved functionality, it’s time we told you how to make zero-downtime a reality using custom alerts!
Today, the adoption of electric vehicles is higher than ever before. Which means we’re all ready to jump the wagon. But wait, while we fairly well know how to fix our diesel and petrol cars or how often they need to be serviced, we don’t know much about maintaining electric vehicles and the batteries that power them.
Say you bought an electric car today for your commute to work. You were excited to finally switch from the previous gas guzzler to a smarter way to travel.
However, within a month, you realize that the car range is declining. Earlier you would reach home with 80 km of range remaining which has now come down to 60, leaving you perplexed.
After 4 months, the remaining range of the car has reduced to almost zero! You are constantly anxious if you’ll be able to even make it home.
So you contact the car maker and register a complaint. The car is sent to a service center, but even the technicians are unable to identify the issue and eventually call for external help
It takes over a week to identify the issue, leaving you with a poor experience.
What if you or your car company could have been alerted of the issue in advance?
Here comes Edison Analytics
Edison is enabling companies to monitor battery performance and get real-time alerts of any abnormal activity in the electric vehicle. Car companies are intimated in time, take the necessary action to resolve these errors before they cause damage to the battery or the vehicle.
Using Edison, the car company would have been alerted of the abnormal degradation inside your car’s battery. Your car would be called in for regular maintenance and the issue would be resolved, leaving you with a much better experience.
How To Set Up Custom Alerts
Edison analyzes the battery in real-time and notifies the user when a parameter crosses a predefined threshold value. This helps the user take immediate action to prevent any kind of malfunction. The alerts are automated based on data sent by the battery management system to Edison. As a user, you can also set custom alerts based on specific thresholds/conditions that are critical for you. Set the alert type, the interval, delay, recipients, and the medium of alert.
Edison enables you to:
- Identify the systems in your fleet that needs to be monitored
- Create multiple tags to group the batteries by capacity, location or cell chemistry.
- Define the thresholds (ex: if the temperature is >50°)
- Set alert type (critical/ non-critical)
- Set alert notification frequency (immediately/after a few minutes/how often do you want to receive these alerts)
- Assign notifications to a team member (option to pause alerts for a given period of time)
- Choose the medium via which you’d like to receive alerts (SMS/email/desktop notification)
- View further details or mark the alert status as ‘done’
- Receive a daily customized report of the triggered alerts in your inbox
So, who exactly stands to benefit from the custom alerts feature?
- Mobility fleet owners/operators who are expanding their fleet with EVs (OLA, ZoomCar, etc)
- Automotive OEMs designing EVs
- Operators and owners of stationary energy storage/UPS systems (Eg: Data Centres, Telecom Towers, etc)
How can Fleet operators manage their EVs using Custom Alerts?
As fleet owners and ride-sharing companies procure their fleet of electric vehicles from automobile manufacturers, they will need a centralized system to monitor all their deployed assets.
Downtime is critical for them as their business model is based on the high utilization of cars. Every car that was off-road would hurt their bottom line.
Using Edison Analytics, fleet owners and operators can now:
- Forecast & remotely detect problems that may occur
- Monitor critical parameters like temperature and State of Charge (SoC) across the fleet
- Keep a check on abuse or abnormalities in the battery’s performance
- With the help of predictive alerts, avoid breakdowns and reduce downtime
Edison ensures higher uptime of the fleet and low overheads, eliminating the need to purchase a buffer stock and consistently improve the customer experience for the fleet owners.
Edison Analytics: Battery Intelligence & Analytics Platform2nd December 2020/